Pages

goggle search

Friday, December 10, 2010

Snowman Shivers

This little guy is always cold. Even hanging out in the Christmas tree by the warm lights.


Materials

Sport weight White Yarn, red, green and black

Finger weight Orange yarn

4 each of, Size 7 and 4  double pointed needles needles

Darning needle

Wool for stuffing

Instructions

With white yarn  and size 7 needle Cast on 30 stitches. Have a 12 inch tail.  Divide equally on 3 needles.

K 4 round
Next round: *K1, K 1*  in front and back of next st.  Repeat * -*. 

K 15 rounds

Next round: *K1, K2tog*.  Repeat *-*.
Next round: *K1, K2tog* Repeat *-* to last st, K1

Next round: *K1, K in front and back of next st* Repeat *-*.
Next round: *K1, K in front and back of next st* Repeat *-*.
K 6 rounds
Next round: *K1, K2 tog* Repeat *-*.
Next 3 rounds: K2 tog around.
Break yarn and pull through remaining stitches with darning needle and fasten off.



Finishing:

With black, embroider eyes
With green and two size 4 needles pick up two stitches on face and knit 3 rows using I-cord method.  Break yarn and draw through nose.  Fasten off both ends on top of head where they will be under the hat.

Scarf:

With Red and two size 4 needles cast on 6 stitches and knit 3 inches.  Tie red and green yarn for a fringed edge.

Hat:

With Green yarn and size 4 needles cast on 30 stitches, divided between 3 needles to work in round.

Next 4 rounds: Work in single ribbing (K1, P1) to end.

With red: K 6 rows

Next row: Alternate red and green K.

Next 2 rows: using green K.

Next 4 rows: K2 together across.

Attach hat hiding stitches.  Do the same for the scarf.

And now you have sweet, big bellied Shivers.  Please enjoy all my patterns but I ask that you use them for your own personal joy and gift giving.  As I make these for my income.  Thank you and happy knitting. 

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh he is so cute! Thanks for sharing. With all the amazingly creative souls out there my list of "to makes" is growing faster than I can complete a project. I think I will need to start crafting for Christmas 2011 on Dec. 26th, 2010. Of course then I don't know when I will craft for all the other holidays and events.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Amanda said...

adorable! I really need to learn how to knit more than straight lines....

Nadja said...

Boy, is that ever cute!

Gea said...

i love these snowman too!! :)
thanks for sharing the pattern!!

karen said...

how adorable, thanks for sharing the pattern!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Awww, what a cute snowman! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern with us :) Have a wonderful weekend.

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I enjoy seeing who is reading! These snowmen are really cute. Can't wait to explore your blog further.

Unknown said...

Mr Shivers is so precious! Thank you so much for sharing him. I can't wait to gather up the mat'ls and give it a try! Thanks again, Happy New Year