Pages

goggle search

Friday, February 25, 2011

Flopsey Eared Rabbit Knitting Instructions

This little guy is easy to make up.  And just right for the Easter Table, Nature Table or to add to a farm or woodland animal play set.

Materials
Yarn of sport knit or worsted (not too bulky and no cotton it will give too much)
Size 3 needles
Darning needle
Wool fleece for stuffing

Instructions
Cast on 35 stitches
Knit all rows till you have a square and cast off
Next sew all four corners together...this makes the feet
Next pinch one end between two feet together and sew up to make the head
Sew up the belly all the way to the rear legs and stuff very firmly.  Make a head shape by manipulating the stuffing. Pull the head up and tie some yarn around the neck tighter than you think you should.  This will make a nice firm head.
Next  draw both legs up to the belly and hold with your thumb.  Sew the legs to the body and to each other. 
Sew the bottom together. A natural pooch will form work the pooch to make a rabbit tail.  And wrap some yarn around it and tie it off.  Draw the ends into the body of the rabbit to hide.
Next stitch the eyes.

Knit two Ears
Cast on 2 stitches
Knit 1 row
Increase one in each stitch (you should have 4 stitches)
Knit 10  rows
Cast off
Attach ears and weave stitches in to hide

Now make a dozen more

14 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I have a similar pattern that came from a page a day calendar. I have the square knitted (have for months) but stalled at the sewing. Your tutorial makes is look so easy...maybe I'll get mine finished finally.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

snor said...

what a lovely pattern!
thanks for sharing :)

Gea said...

what a lovely pattern!
thanks for sharing :)

Tammy said...

I love this pattern. I have been looking for just this type that will be quick for giving to children's charities. Thank you!!!!!
GreenFuzzer

Tammy said...

I love this pattern. I have been looking for just this type that will be quick for giving to children's charities. Thank you!!!!!
GreenFuzzer

Mary Sunshine said...

This is so, so adorable. Thanks for sending it in to Ravelry. I'm going to make a few. :-)

Umatji said...

that is so great - perfect for making some versions of the two we have in the backyard!

Unknown said...

I am so happy everyone is enjoying this pattern. Its such a sweet little guy.

Linda said...

This is just gorgeous Carrie!
xo

Unknown said...

Thanks Linda

sapphire said...

your site has inspired me to do more crafts thankyou. pat in the uk.

sapphire said...

your blogg has inspired me to do more crafting and get out there into nature, thankyou

Keukenprinses said...

Lóve Bunny.
Made one for my son today. Grey angora yarn...
Looks like a big overweight labrat. Ah, what went wrong here...

Keukenprinses said...

I made one for my son yesterday. It looks like an overweight labrat. He loves it to bits.
I know now what went wrong (thought it up last night, being awake): I used the square with the grain from head to tail.
Have to make one more now :).