Pages

goggle search

Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Pattern

Squashed Pumpkin Pattern
This was really fun to make and fast.  It is a gathered style pattern that makes ridges all on its own as long as you don't over-stuff it.


Materials List:
Using double pointed needles: I use five size 4
Fiberfill or wool stuffing
Orange and brown finger weight yarn

Pattern:
 http://www.ravelry.com/download/470108/25b35036e638c742e1d08c95d6d11f41

  The darker photo shows the ridges better so I thought I would include it. 

13 comments:

Bending Birches said...

what a sweet little pumpkin!!!

Kelly said...

I have never knitted with multiple needles. Thank you for the great tutorial. I will try it out and see if I manage! The pumpkins look so sweet.

W-S Wanderings said...

A darling pumpkin! So darling that I may just work up the guts to give it a try myself. Thank you for sharing :-)

Unknown said...

is it possible to use circular needles?

lisa

Unknown said...

You can use circular needles but you would have to start with two double pointed to do the I-cord start. Then use the magic loop method. You can find a tutorial for the magic loop on the web.

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!! Its so real looking!

momto5 said...

yeah! pumpkins. i love it.

Unknown said...

awesome! I am going to try and knit this guy up! Thank you~

steph said...

adorable!

Brigi said...

cute :)

Julia said...

How clever! And a lovely looking pumpkin! Lovely to find your blog through yarnalong! http://www.justonewip.blogspot.co.nz/

Mistea said...

Very cute punkin.
Love the way it looks all wonky like the real thing.
Enjoy decorating.

Unknown said...

Very fun, I just adore pumpkins! Have fun and send me your pictures.