Pages

goggle search

Friday, May 11, 2012

Girls Fluffy Fur Kerchief

Girls Fluffy Fur Kerchief
Trinity Saw a Fluffy Fur Kerchief and just had to have one.  So I dug through my stash...and...wala...she has her very own Fluff Fur Kerchief.

THE STUFF
Boucle Yarn (Gives it some fur texture and I had it in my stash)
DK Yarn
Size 9 Knitting Needles
Size 4 Double Pointed Needles (you will need two)
Rug Hook
Pom-Pom Maker (see at the end)

INSTRUCTIONS
Using both the Boucle and DK
Cast on 1
K2 into front and back of stitch
K2 into first stitch, K to end (repeat until kerchief measures 18 inches remember this is for winter and needs to cover the ears) check against the head if you need it longer or shorter.
Bind off and tuck in your ends. 


TO ADD THE FUR
Cut both DK and Boucle into 2.5 inch pieces (this is where your little darling can help)
Using the rug hook and starting at the tip hook in one piece of yarn
Then every third row hook doing each type of yarn every other yarn (one DK piece, one Boucle, one DK piece, one Boucle, etc)
I added extra along the edge to make it fluffy

TO MAKE THE STRINGS
Using double pointed needs and DK yarn only
PU three stitches on end of longest end (the part that will be around the face)
Work in I-Cord for 16 inches and bind off
Repeat this at the other end of kerchief

TO MAKE THE POM-POMS
I used a clover Pom Pom maker along with the DK yarn.  This made the thickest, fluffiest pom-pom and was well worth it. It was so easy and made a much tighter pom-pom.

Attach the Pom Pom and then make brother try it on.

Doesn't he look like he has seen some holy vision?  I just had to put this on here.

You could have allot of fun with this pattern, maybe make the fluff a different color from the base. Make a smaller one for a doll.







arginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0">

5 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

What a fun accessory to wear. Your daughter looks like she had a blast wearing it.

Unknown said...

We all have been having fun trying it on. I think I might make some mittens to match.

With All That I Am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

Kathryn Ray said...

That boy's expressions always crack me up. It looks like they both enjoyed the new kerchief though. :-)

Unknown said...

Yes, he is quite the ham. He will do just about anything to make me smile.

With All That I am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

Mummyzilla said...

Very cute! Good thing my daughter didn't see this as well :-)