Pages

About Me

My Photo

I am a work from home, home schooling Mom who loves her Kids...yep, I think my kids are great. You will find me: Knitting, cross stitch, embroidery and working with felt are things I enjoy for fun. I also love to decorate and find deep satisfaction in decorating my home with great finds and my handmade items.  Gardening is one of my great loves, it like decorating outside!

goggle search

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Knitted Lace Pattern


I have a pair of pants that are floods and I never wear them.  So I decided to fiddle with my needles and come up with a lace pattern to attach to my pants.  And here it is...




Knitted Lace Pattern

Materials 
Cotton Yarn 4 ply Worsted Weight (I used Peaches & Creme Black)
Size 5 needles
Darning needle

Instructions
Cast on 5
Row 1: K1, yo, k2tog, yo, k2
Row 2 and every even row:  Knit
Row 3: K1, *yo, k2tog* repeat twice, yo, k1
Row 5: K1, *yo, k2tog* repeat twice, yo, k2
Row 7: K1, *yo, k2tog* repeat three times, yo, k1
Row 9: K1, *yo, k2tog* repeat three times, yo, k2
Row 11: K1, *yo, k2tog* repeat four times, yo, k1
Row 13: K1, *yo, k2tog* repeat four times, yo, K2
Row 15: Bind off 8, 1st on right needle, yo, k2, yo, k1
Row 16: Knit
Start over and repeat these sixteen rows until you reach your desired length then bind off and weave in the ends. 

I then attached the lace to my pants using cotton thread.   Adding over two inches to my pants.  I am flooding no more.

3 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

What a great idea to spruce up pants. Love it! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

m.star_m said...

have you ever thought of using this pattern for a knitted crown? just measure the child's head, create enough points/lace to go around & then join, & place on head, point side up....what do you think?

Forest-Dweller said...

OH what a great idea! I love it.