Pages

goggle search

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Natural Flu Shot

WELL BEING REMEDIES FOR THE FORREST FAMILY
I once got a flu shot...and I got the flu three days later...was in bed for a week.  NEVER AGAIN!  And Never for my children.  So how do I arm myself and my family...besides utter seclusion?  Garlic and Nettle along with a variety of other things.

First we take a multiple broad spectrum vitamin...they are packed with flu fighting elements.  We also take extra zinc.  Then I make my Ice Tea.

Forrest Well Being Tea

1 Gallon Water
3 T black teak (or equivalent tea)
1 T Nettle
1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
4 T Lemon

I make my tea in a coffee pot.  Adding tea and herb.   And once brewed I add the agave, Maple syrup and Lemon.
The Agave Nectar is for sweetness you can adjust it to suit your family.  And you can adjust the honey and lemon as well.

Black Tea is well know for its properties and a free-radical fighter.
Nettle  Is a superior herb, it is a vitamin factory, an all around well being herb that is excellent for allergies and hay fever. 
Lemon balances the body,  it alters the acidic system into an alkaline system especially when it is combined with maple syrup.


OK Moving onto Salad Dressing

Braggs has a wonderful salad dressing on the side of their Apple Cider Vinegar bottle.  But I add a little more and a better garlic ingredient.

1/2 cup braggs apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup good olive oil
1 t bragg liquid amino's
2 t honey
2 t Agave nectar (for taste)
2 t Kyolic aged garlic extract
1t spike
2 t kelp

Add this to your favorite tossed salad.  There are various greens, veggies and fruit that will add to you and your family's well being that you can turn into a salad, I like to put my kids in charge of this.  They get to choose what go's in and then make it. 
And I do believe most of you know about the goodness of garlic, vinegar, amino's and kelp. 

Also, if you see someone getting ill don't wait!  Give them a glass of tea, peal a piece of garlic and rub it on the feet.  Yes you heard me right.  Garlic is excellent for knocking things out of the system.  The feet can absorb something in less than five minutes!  So you may want to be careful what go's on those tootsies.

2 comments:

Alyss said...

What delicious recipes! You do know that Spike containse hydrolized vegetable protein, right? You could probably make your own tasty seasoned salt. I make one with some chile powder and paprika, kelp powder, garlic and onion powder. I think I wrote about it in my Real Food, My Way blog. I also collect fresh nettle and dry it myself to make herbal teas and infusions. Delicious!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Thank you for these valuable recipes. I did not know about the value of nettles. I use braggs vinegar daily as part of our health drink of honey and cider vinegar (it alkalizes the body) yet I've never noticed the recipe on the side. Thank you so much for the great information.
Warmly,
Tracey
xox

P.S. I did not know that about the feet...thanks again.