Pages

goggle search

Friday, August 20, 2010

Free Mulch

OK allot of people wonder how I can afford to cover so many planting beds in mulch.
"Well" I say, "I get it delivered and I get it for free."
 The trick is...make allot of phone calls.
Open up your yellow pages to TREE SERVICES calling each one and ask if they have a Mulch list you can put your name on.

I have yet to call one that doesn't.
Then call them each and every week to check.  Not that they have forgotten or don't like you.  But they are busy people and its usually a first come first serve.
You may get some bigger chips or even some logs...  both are great for camp fires.  And as you can see the pile is fun to play on.  My kids dug out a nest and put balls in for eggs.
If you never get a call back or you just cant wait or you don't need as much as I do.  Here is a second way to get free mulch.

All the tree service people dump their mulch at the county dump.  They have a separate pile and its all  free, you just have to go and get it.  Call ahead to make sure they have it...again its first come first serve.

No comments: