Pages

goggle search

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rain Barrel that are Cheap

 
This is my version of a Rain Barrel.  When my new roof and gutters were installed I asked the gutter man to shorten them.  What he did was cut the down spout off and a good height for a trash can to fit under it then the part he cut off he cut again at the curve.  He pinched the end on the spout on the house and the straight piece so I could easily slide these parts on and off as I needed them.  (I store my rain barrels in the winter).  If you want to take it one step further you can go to the plumbing department at your local hardware store and buy the fittings for hose attachments.  They have kits that come with sealers.  Then cut a hole near the base of the trash can...not too low or your get all the sediment.  Then you can hook up a hose and water that way.  Rather than my fancy watering can.

No comments: