Pages

goggle search

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Musing



The seasons seem to give way so gently to one another.  But we anticipate the arrival of Autumn with such fan fair and gusto.  My five year old asks me everyday if its fall yet.  And we notice even the slightest hint that its on its way.  A cooler morning, a stray yellow leave that seems to be as impatient as we are.  
Our conversations turn to Apple picking and all the scrumptious delectable we can turn them into. 
As the leaves start turning I find myself turning over a new leaf.  I feel renewed and reawaken as if I was living in some sort of stupor.  My spirit is lifted and all I want to do is go tromping through woodlands.  OH the brisk dry earthy smell in the air, the sound of the crunchy leaves under my feet and the orange in the pumpkins...you cant get that orange anywhere else.  I just long for it all.

Autumn to winter, winter to spring,
Spring into summer, summer into fall-
So rolls the changing year, and so we change;
Motion so swift, we know not that we move.
                            -Dinah Mulock Craik

2 comments:

Little House On The Mesa said...

This will be our first real fall away from Florida. We are so excited we can't stand it!

Kelly said...

We can see so much of Prince Autumn's presence here.