Pages

goggle search

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Loving Self

Sometimes we struggle with how to take care of ourselves.  We wait for someone else to show appreciation, love, some sort of sign that they care.  Much too often we are let down and we feel resentful, unloved and lonely.   As for me I took the reigns in my own hands and started doing things that I wished others would do for me. 


I have bought myself :
Chocolate
Jewelry
Milk glass
Owls
Plants
Flowers




I have treated myself to:
Bubble Baths
Long Walks
Manicure
Afternoon Teas on the Patio
Strolls through gardens
Strolls through Antique Shops
Jaunt through a good used book store


Though sometimes the pocket book doesn't allow too many treats I always keep a pink rose in my room.  I have found if I use the little packet that comes with it (for one rose you only need half) it will last me two weeks.  This one is 10 days old and still amazing.  I use to think I got the Roses to appreciate their beauty...and I do.  But now I get the Roses to show them how beautiful I am.
Don't forget how special you are...even if others do.

3 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

This is such a GREAT post...I love love love your frugal luxuries...and the remark about the rose appreciating you! You're a woman after my own heart. :)))
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Sue said...

Excellent point! I think it's important that we treat ourselves occasionally. I think if we are happy, that spreads to others then.

no spring chicken said...

You are a brilliant lady... I'm off to buy chocolate!

Blessings, Debbie