Pages

goggle search

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Everything I am working on seems to be a circle.  Last week I shared the Penny Rug

This has been fun to work on and collect fabric for.  I not very good with fabric, but I use the Yo-Yo maker and that made it so easy.  I just put the fabric in the form cut around it and then sewed through the holes, sliped it off and pulled in taunt and finished with a knot.  My doughter helped me with some of them.  Its a really great way to get the little ones started with a needle and thread.

This will be going in my dream bedroom of Pink Roses.  Along with some smaller yo-yos I am making to cover a pillow sham.  I am just going yo-yo crazy.  OH, the smaller ones can be sewn onto ponytail holders...too cute!

Has anyone ever sewn yo-yo's together to make a quilt? How do you do it? just go in the inside of the yo-yo? Do you start with one and work your way out? or do you go in rows? I sure would appreciate help with this part.

Here are a few ideas of where you can purchase what you need to make them,  what fun to pick out different fabrics.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I'm terrible at sewing, etc-but absolutely love the beautiful fabrics available. This sounds like it's pretty easy to do. Cute, too.

WonderWhyGal said...

I like the color and patterns of all of your fabric. I bet the shams will be beautiful when finished.

Amy said...

Yo-yos are fun!

Amy said...

Yo-yos are so much fun!

Unknown said...

Sue, It is very easy. I don't really work with fabric myself not like this kind anyway. I just hope sewing them together isn't a pain.