Pages

About Me

My photo

I am a work from home, home schooling Mom who loves her Kids...yep, I think my kids are great. You will find me: Knitting, cross stitch, embroidery and working with felt are things I enjoy for fun. I also love to decorate and find deep satisfaction in decorating my home with great finds and my handmade items.  Gardening is one of my great loves, it like decorating outside!

goggle search

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - Strawberry Syurp


Strawberry Syrup Recipe

2 1/2 Quarts Strawberries
3 Cups Water, Divided
2 pieces of lemon peel (1 inch strips)
2 1/2 cups Sugar
3 1/2 cups corn syrup
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

After washing and drying the strawberries cut up and crush them with a potato mashers.  Combine them in a pot with 1 1/2 cups of water and lemon peel.  Simmer 10 minutes.  Strain and remove lemon peel. Combine sugar and 1 1/2 cups water in your pot stir until sugar is melting and is almost boiling, turn down stove to simmer for 10 minutes.  Add strawberries and corn syrup.  Boil 5 minutes remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.  Ladle hot syrup into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.  Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.  This made 2/12 quarts.

Note: I replaced the Corn syrup with agave nectar and it worked out very well.  I used 3 cups of agave. 

This syrup is great over pancakes especially with fresh strawberries and makes a tasty strawberry lemonade.  I also put it in our ice tea to sweeten it.

4 comments:

The Handmaden said...

Ooh, yum, thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Might be good straight from the pot, too! LOL!
I'm missing strawberry season at home-I'm devastated. Last year I got 75 quarts. I used the last out of the freezer right before our trip. It's going to be a LONG year without. Sigh.

Carrie Duvall said...

OH yes it was good straight from the pot...over ice cream...in yogurt. Just too many ways to eat it.

With All That I Am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

That looks great.