Pages

goggle search

Monday, April 1, 2013

Furniture Refinish

I have been busy, busy, busy.  In-between everything I am working on my bedroom furniture.  The bedroom suit is very old and out-dated. At one point someone took a can of white spray paint and sprayed the top of the dresser and side table, not even bothering to try not to get it on the mirror.  Well, it was free.
The side table use to look like the dresser...YUCK! You can kind of see the white paint on the mirror.
  Being as chicken as I am I started with the side table to see if I could live with the pink.


I couldn't get the dresser out in the garage fast enough after I saw how the side table turned out.  The paint was Glidden Barely Blush in an Eggshell finish.  I then topped it off with several coats of a Semi-Gloss shellac.
On my way to taking Trinity to Brownies I saw this sitting out front of a Thrift store
It is not as well made as the bedroom suit but it had the soft shape I wanted.  The structure is sound but it was not well taken care of...someone taped the drawers shut, Sam carved and wrote their name several places on it.  But I am thinking a nice Antique Cream color...I don't want to go with the soft pink...way too matchy matchy for me.

The bed to the suite is OK the mattress slides down from the headboard then my pillow slides down between the mattress and the headboard...total pain. Besides you really cant even see it, its in the first photo.  I have another bed in the basement...solid wood.  Once I have everything finished and my back stops hurting and I can walk again after sanding and painting the rest of the furniture I am going to tackle it.

No comments: