Pages

goggle search

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Nutmeg Our New Family Member


In Loving Memory of Sophia

We have been looking for a new member of our family for quite some time.  We kept the carrier in the car just in case.   The unexpected loss of Sophia crushed us, I couldn't talk about it for months.  A big hole was left that could only be filled by a very special pet.

This is us on adoption day, the people with us were her foster parents, they took really good care of her and gave her lots of love.  Now we get to spoil her rotten. My eyes are puffy, I kept crying I'm such a big baby...Oh well.
Nutmeg playing
Nutmeg Sleeping on my bed while I work at my computer
She took all of her toys out of her basket then took a nap in it
Hanging out in her pink girl cave
enjoying her scratching board
 
Nutmeg has filled a space in our lives with her own unique personality.  She likes to play allot and has her toys strewn from one end of the house to the other, for some reason I can get her to put them back in the basket.  Nutmeg is a snuggler  the first week she stayed on or next to me.  To wake me up she will start at my foot and walk up my body to my face and nip my nose, she is lucky she's so cute.  Alex cant seem to put her down, he is always petting, holding or playing with her and Trinity can get her to do things that our older cat would defiantly give us the displeased down the nose look at us.
As you can see we enjoy and love our new kitten

1 comment:

Sue said...

Congrats! She looks like a sweetie. I miss having a cat-they have such personality. But, hubby doesn't want to be tied down with them and I'm rather fond of hubby, so........