Pages

goggle search

Friday, March 6, 2009

Canning Carrie


Preserving the Bounty
One of my hobbies is canning. I love putting up food of all kinds. And as you can see it is quite beautiful.
A dear friend in Florida has a tangerine tree. She and her husband were coming for a visit and thought she would bring me a few!
Well, sixteen jars later...not counting the one we put in the fridge. We still have enough left to do this all over again.
One thing that I insist upon is no waste with fruit like this. So the one that are not eaten get pealed and given to the squirrels and birds. And the peals are strung and dried to scent the home. You can also candie the peel but as of now all of our fingers are orange and I think I will sit down with a cup of coffee and an English muffin covered in tangerine marmalade.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Looks beautiful and delicious! Makes my mouth water.