Pages

goggle search

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crafting Carrie - Rose petal Beads


Who Knew?...Jessica, that's who.


And here are the little petal pickers now.
I have a Trellis covered in rose's. Though they make a beautiful white ground covering when the petals fall...there was something better to do with them.
Fortune has placed me with a group of talented down to earth homeschooling Mama's. And we share all our findings and doing with each other.
This one was from Jessica.


Directions:
They were quite easy to make.
First: Ya pick-em (petals only)
Second: Ya, squash-em...I used my food processor. (it is recommended that you use water, I didn't there was allot of rain here and the petals were still damp)
Third: Ya mash-em into beads about the size of a marble.
Fourth: Poke-em with a needle and let them dry.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here are the kids, mash-in, squish-in an a poke-in.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I used a pillow form with wax paper over it. The same pillow I use for needle felting. Once they are dry we will string them and hang them on the fan. So there wonderful smell can fill the air.

No comments: