Pages

About Me

My photo

I am a work from home, home schooling Mom who loves her Kids...yep, I think my kids are great. You will find me: Knitting, cross stitch, embroidery and working with felt are things I enjoy for fun. I also love to decorate and find deep satisfaction in decorating my home with great finds and my handmade items.  Gardening is one of my great loves, it like decorating outside!

goggle search

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dried Apricot Jam Preserves

Dried Apricot  Jam Preserves


I really love this recipe.  Its easy full of flavor and taste great! 

One container of Dried Apricots (about 2-3 cups)
Water
1/2 C Agave Nectar (or Sugar)
Juice of one Lemon
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon


First take a pot and soak your Apricots overnight, use enough water to cover...you may need to add more later.

The next morning put the pot on the stove and bring it to a boil. Turn it down to a simmer and cook for 45-60 minuets.
Mash with a Potato Masher every 10 minutes while its cooking.  Once its to a spreading consistency add your Agave Nectar and stir let it cook 5 minutes more.  Add the Cinnamon.
Its ready to eat.
I put it in a container in the fridge and add it to my toast or oatmeal.  It would make a really good filling for a fried pie or a turnover. Or Cupcakes!


No comments: