Pages

goggle search

Monday, August 23, 2010

Mums getting more out of them

I know you are going to think I'm  crazy when I tell you what to do with your mums.
But don't you just wonder how they arrive at the nurseries just ready to bloom at the right time?  And then you plant them and the next year they start blooming in the summer...whats up with that?
Well I will tell you...the nurseries play french revolution with them.  They chop off their heads. So you ask, "when do I stop chopping off all those lovely flower heads just promising me flowers?"  For me in the south I would say the last week in July-the middle of August.
And just to prove that I am as vicious as I say here are a few photos full of discriminating evidence.

Awaiting the Guillotine 
After the terrible ordeal
For more amazing plant tips check out my blog.  http:forrestdweller.blogspot.com

No comments: