Pages

About Me

My photo

I am a work from home, home schooling Mom who loves her Kids...yep, I think my kids are great. You will find me: Knitting, cross stitch, embroidery and working with felt are things I enjoy for fun. I also love to decorate and find deep satisfaction in decorating my home with great finds and my handmade items.  Gardening is one of my great loves, it like decorating outside!

goggle search

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

How to Grow Gorgeouse Plants


 
1. Twice a year I compost everything.  I just fill the wheelbarrow and go around to my beds and add compost.  There is no formula I just add it around the base.

2. I spray my gardens several times a week.  One of those time is with a very diluted liquid compost tea that you can make yourself.  Just plop a small scoop full of compost in the middle of cheese cloth tie it up and let it rest in a bucket of water for a week.  This should be diluted 1 cup of tea to one gallon of water.  You can use this on your indoor plants too.  You can also buy organic liquid fertilizers.

3.  I also water a lot.  I have rain barrels (trash cans) and I water every other day if it doesn't rain.  And everyday on potted and container plants.

4. Once a month I do a liquid fertilizing with the compost tea.

No comments: