Pages

About Me

My photo

I am a work from home, home schooling Mom who loves her Kids...yep, I think my kids are great. You will find me: Knitting, cross stitch, embroidery and working with felt are things I enjoy for fun. I also love to decorate and find deep satisfaction in decorating my home with great finds and my handmade items.  Gardening is one of my great loves, it like decorating outside!

goggle search

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

I have enjoyed viewing all the wax leaves everyone was blogging about, So I had to join in the fun.
The kids and I gathered leaves and dipped them in our beeswax.
Since we are camping for the holidays and will be eating outside I needed something that could withstand the weather and wind.
So I got the glue gun out and started gluing the leaves on a styrofoam form.  And added cinnamon sticks tied with twine.  The result was a very natural looking, earthy, fall centerpiece.  The rest of the leaves I will scatter over the table with other smaller jar candles.
 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely Carrie!

Kelly said...

So pretty! Enjoy your holidays.