Pages

goggle search

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIP - Wednesdays Yarn Along

Slippers and Hexipuffs

Well this week I have gotten back to my dear sweet boys slippers.  I am making this pattern up as I go along.  And writing everything down...seems smart as I need to make another one.  I will also be adding leather to the bottom so they last longer.  He has 3 pair already from previous Christmases and loves each one.  But this years I want to make them extra special, showing my love and appreciation in every stitch.
Here is a close up of the pattern on the cuff of his slipper.  He said he wanted lamas  this years...some a luscious lamas will be on the top right where he can see them. 

The other project I am doing is Hexipuffs, you will find the pattern on the Beekeepers Quilt at Ravelry.  These fun little Hexipuffs are quick to make and you add a little sunshine to each one with lavender mixed in with the stuffing.  I will be making a cushy cushion for my chair with the first batch to see how I like them.

I just started the book Ruby Holler By: Sharon Creech.  (click on to get more info) I have only made it through the first chapter that was only four pages. 

We are staying at a friends guest cottage for awhile.  She has a lovely piece of property that she has turned into a family fun retreat.
Isn't this a cute place?  Hummingbirds flit all around this tree.
Her Grand kids are home schooled by her, so after everyone is fed, schooled and fed again....they rush out the back door of her home and mine rush out the back door of the cottage, the dogs follow pursuit and all  head for the swinging tree.

4 comments:

come on in x said...

Love your knitting, the patternig on those slippers looks great, will you be publishing the pattern. I have the beekeeper quilt pattern ready to start, haven't made my first hexipuff yet though.

momto5 said...

those are going to be some amazing slippers!

Unknown said...

Your hexipuffs look really cute.

DesertSnowdrop said...

The slippers look adorable! I am sure that your son is just going to love them! I have always wanted to try that hexi-puff thingy as well. Looks like it would be fun!